Famous with the name ‘paradise island’, Phuket welcomes thousands of local and foreigner tourists each year. Located nearly 900km from the south of Thailand and regarded to be a gem in the Andaman Sea, the island is home to many luxurious seaside resorts, spas, and elegant restaurants. Besides, Phuket also attracts visitors with vibrant nightlights, beautiful clear water beaches, the white sand stretch and rich and tasty seafood. It will be an ideal destination for those who want to relax after a long working hours
How to get to Phuket Island?
To get to Phuket, you need to get to Thailand first. Nowadays, there are a large number of flights to Thailand. From Vietnam, you can update the flights’ route and time on websites of popular airlines such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, and Jetstar Pacific.
After arriving at Bangkok, Thailand; you can get to Phuket by these 4 major transportations: bus, car, train or air
– By bus or car: Public bus and car are the cheapest ways to take you to Phuket. The distance from Bangkok to Thailand is around 844km, which takes 12-14 hours. Therefore, the overnight buses will be more common due to its comfortable and affordable
– By train: Taking a train is also a great ideal for you. However, there is no direct train to Phuket. Therefore, you must get off at Surat Thani station and then take a bus or taxi to Phuket.
– By air: Get to Phuket by airplanes is absolutely the most convenient way as it only takes 1 hour. There are various domestic airlines with the reasonable price that you can choose such as Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways, Phuket Air, Thai Air Asia or Nok Air.
Best time to visit
Affected by a tropical climate, the weather in Phuket quite varies between warm, cool and rainy. It is no doubt that the best time to travel is during the non-rainy season which lasts from December to March. The weather isn’t so humid, and sometimes the cool will make you comfortable. Especially, the weather is still suitable for sea and water activities
Phuket offers more than 300 hotels, resorts, and guesthouse with the reasonable price and modern facilities. However, in the peak season, the number of visitor increases so we highly recommend you to check the price and the availability before traveling.
Points of Interest
There is no lack of choice for you to explore the beauty of the island. Below are some suggestions that you should not ignore when traveling Phuket:
– Immerse yourself in the beauty of famous beaches such as Patong, Surin, Nai Yang, Kata Yai and Kata Noi, Banana Beach (Haad Hin Kluay), Bang Tao, etc.
– Participate in amazing watersports like jet-skiing, scuba diving, windsurfing and exploring small islands in Phuket
– Visit the giant Buddha Statue which is visible from most of the South Phuket. The view from up there will make you breathtaking
– Discover Splash Jungle Water Park – one of the most attractive spots in Phuket. The park is very clean and consists of swimming pool, waterslide and games for children
– Take a trip to visit Old Phuket Town – a 400,000 square meter historical site. The unique combination of colonial and Chinese architecture, along with local restaurant will be a perfect place for tourists.
– Besides, Bangla Road Nightlight, Phang Nga Bay, Wat Chalong and Phuket Temples, Simon Cabaret Show are top attractions here that you should not miss
Phuket has a unique cuisine. Visiting this island, you will find more international cuisine than Thai cuisine such as Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Chinese, Lebanese or Persian. Therefore, there is no lack of choice for you to have a delicious meal here. However, traveling to one country, it will be a mistake if you skip its signature dishes. Because traditional food can make you understand more about its culture. Thailand is not an exception. Some Thai signature foods you must try in Phuket are Pad Thai, Tom Yum Kung, Green Curry, Thai pancake, Prai Raya. And do not forget to try Phuket’s fresh and tasty seafood